Libraries are a successful example of organizations that work together to save money. When our library does not own something that you are looking for, we can ask another library if they will lend it to us.
What do I do?
- Search the library catalog. If the item you are looking for is available at another library in Pinnacle, you can place a hold and have it sent to our library for you to pick up.
- If the item you are looking for is new (six months to a year), fill out the Can't Find What You're Looking For? form. These items may be purchased if they follow our Collection Management policy.
- Search beyond our library. There are two ways to do this:
- Search OCLC WorldShare. This is a catalog of materials owned by libraries all over the world. If you find what you are looking for in this catalog, you can also request the item.
- You can also search OCLC WorldShare within the library catalog. At the keyword search screen, click on Select Catalog. Remove the check box next to “Pinnacle Libraries” and put a check in the box next to “Worldcat: Libraries Worldwide.” Then click the “Set Catalog” button.
- Ask for help. If you are not finding what you are looking for, you can ask for help from library staff at service desks or the Bookmobile. You can also contact ill [at] fountaindale.org if you have any questions about your Interlibrary Loan.
Are there any restrictions?
- You need to have a library card in good standing from the Fountaindale Public Library.
- We will also request items for library card holders from Joliet Public Library, Plainfield Public Library, Shorewood Troy Public Library, and White Oak Public Library. If you request materials from our library, you will need to pick them up and return them at our library.
- There is no charge to use this service. We will contact you if a lending library charges a fee.
- There is a limit of 5 requests a day.
- Other libraries may have different rules about circulating materials than our library. We will let you know when that happens.
- There are some materials that cannot be loaned through this service. Please see the full Interlibrary Loan Policy for more details.
What happens next?
- Most requests are filled in 2-4 weeks, depending on whether the item is immediately available from the lending library. You will be notified as soon as the item arrives or if we are unable to locate a lending library.
- Please keep the ILL label and the ILL band on the item and return it with the item when you are done.
- Renewals on Interlibrary Loan material must be requested before the due date. We need time to contact the other library to ask for the renewal. There is no guarantee that the lending library will allow a renewal.
- Contact Library staff if your interlibrary loan item is lost or damaged. The lending library will provide the replacement fee for the item. Replacement copies will not be accepted.
For more details about the service, please see the full Interlibrary Loan Policy.